County Jail Information
The Chickasaw County Jail was opened November 9, 2007. The county jail is located at 130 Lancaster Cr. Houston MS, 38851.
Items that can be brought to the COUNTY JAIL up to FIVE (5) PAIR OF SOCKS AND FIVE (5) PAIR OF UNDERWEAR
Incoming Mail to county jail
All incoming mail will be opened and checked for contraband. However, mail will not be read unless there is probable cause to believe that the contents contain information relating to escape plans, criminal activities (in or out of jail), violation of facility rules.
coded language or racially inflammatory information. All incoming mail must contain a complete return name and address. Legal mail may only be opened in the
presence of the addressee. Inmates may receive a total of three (3) photographs in the mail. Photographs that are obscene or suggestive, or have nude persons in them are not permitted. All packages will be returned to sender. Mail that contains gang related messages or symbols will not be allowed. No mail between inmates will be handled or permitted.
CHICKASAW COUNTY JAIL
(YOUR NAME, POD NUMBER AND BED NUMBER)
120 LANCASTER CIRCLE
HOUSTON, MS 38851
VISITATION county jail
VISITORS ENTERING THIS JAIL TO VISIT INMATES WILL FOLLOW ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS.
It is the Policy of the Chickasaw County Jail to provide a safe and secure environment for the public as well as the staff and inmates. In order to keep the jail free of all contraband, weapons, etc., that could do bodily harm, and we will have only non-contact visits. The following rules are for male and female visitors.
I. VISITING HOURS:
Visitation schedules will be posted in each dayroom. Visitation schedules may be changed or cancelled without prior notice. It is the inmate’s responsibility to notify family or a family member can contact the jail on FRIDAY after 12 o’clock to find out visitation schedules.
II. GENERAL RULES AND INFORMATION:
1. Visitors will park only in designated areas.
2. No more than two (2) visitors at a time.
3. Visits will be limited to Fifteen (15) minutes in duration.
4. Visitors will enter and depart the visiting area promptly when directed by a Detention Officer.
5. Visitors will be required to leave all of their property and valuables including: purses, caps, bags, etc. in their vehicle.
- SMOKING OR USE OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS will not be permitted. Visitors caught violating this policy will be escorted from the facility immediately and will be restricted from visiting for a period of two (2) weeks.
- Once a visitor leaves the visiting area, he/she will not be permitted to return to the visiting area.
- Any person under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance will not be allowed to visit and will be subject to arrest.
- An inmate under Disciplinary Action for a rule violation will not be allowed to receive any visitors until visitation rights are restored.
- An adult must accompany children 12 — 18 years old. Children must remain with the accompanying adult at all times. If children are not kept under control, the accompanying adult and child will be directed to leave the jail.
NO FOOD OR DRINKS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE VISTATION ROOM.
Cause for Termination/Suspension of Visits
A visit may be denied or terminated, and visitation privileges suspended (temporarily or permanently) by assigned staff for any of the following circumstances.
2. Visitor fails to produce sufficient identification
3. Visitor possesses unauthorized money or any negotiable instrument while on the grounds of the facility.
4. Visitor is believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
5. Visitor engages in any behavior which may be designated inappropriate by the Warden or designee
6. Children act in a disruptive manner in the visitation area
7. Necessary order and security cannot be maintained.
a. Shirts must be worn
b. No pants pulled down below the hip line
c. No tank tops, sleeveless tops or bare midriffs
d. No shorts above the knee
e. No cut-off shorts, jogging shorts or biking shorts
f. Shoes must be worn (no house or shower shoes)
g. No jewelry except a wedding ring, religious medallion or medical alert bracelet
h. Hat, caps and bandanas will not be permitted
a. Shorts at knee level or below
b. No hip huggers, cut-off shorts, jogging shorts or biking shorts
c. Slits on skirts and dresses will not extend above the knee when seated
d. No see through clothing
e. No tank tops, sleeveless tops or bare midriffs
f. Bra must be worn
g. Shoes must be worn (no house or shower shoes)
h. No jewelry except a wedding ring, religious medallion or a medical alert bracelet
i. Hats, caps and bandanas will not be permitted